Saturday, May 03, 2008

our baby this week

Not much new to report this week. Kevin's been very busy at work, and I'm gearing up for the HOW Conference in two weeks. It's early this year, which works out better for me. The Zyrtec seems to be helping both my rash and allergies. I have a doctor's appointment Thursday. It should be pretty routine. I don't do the gestational diabetes test until the next appointment. Here's what's going on this week.

Week 24
Your baby's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when she was just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn) , that makes a pretty lean figure, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, her brain is growing rapidly, and her taste buds are developing. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance that helps the air sacs inflate easily.

2 comments:

Candy said...

As her taste buds develop, Gramma Candy hopes she will like all kinds of chocolate! :}

So nice talking to you yesterday Sarah, look forward to September when I can cuddle her too!

Kathy said...

I like the new picture!! You are looking great. Also good to see my buddy Gilmore! Hope the Zyrtec continues to help.