Saturday, April 26, 2008

our baby this week

I've been feeling the baby move a lot and I can even see her move now. Thursday night I was laying in bed with a magazine propped on my stomach, and suddenly Kevin and I saw the magazine start bouncing! He can feel her often now too.

The nursery is pretty much complete, thanks to Kevin's building abilities. This week he put together the glider rocker/ottoman and a new bookcase, and we finally found a rug that fits and looks good in the room (it's kind of a square space, so it was a challenge). We'll post more nursery pics soon.

I still have my rash, but I'm learning to live with it. I talked to a dermatologist (who I'm supposed to see the end of May), and she said to take Zyrtec. This week my allergies kicked back in, so I could use the Zyrtec for those symptoms anyway. Please cross your fingers that it works for both problems!

Here's what's going on with our little ladybug this week. Sounds like she and Gilmore should be fast friends.

Week 23
Your baby is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango). Her skin is red and wrinkled. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare her for breathing. She can swallow, but she normally won't pass her first stool (called meconium) until after birth. Loud noises heard often in utero — such as your dog barking or the roar of a vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze your baby when she hears them outside the womb.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

That's neat that you can both feel her moving now. I will pray that the Zyrtec works for both problems.

Katie said...

I got to "see" her kicking Mommy, but she got shy when Aunt Katie tried to feel it. Casey was shy for Aunt Sarah during most of my pregnancy though, so it's only fair.

Project Man said...

This is all exciting news. I really enjoy reading the baby development information. Sounds like Kevin has been keeping busy. Love you both. Hope the Zyrtec does the job.

Kathy said...

Sarah, Wow, love the new baby bump picture!!

Katie said...

Cute new pic!

Candy said...

Hey, that top looks familiar! Your dad has great taste.

How's the Zyrtec working? Hope it is managing both syptoms.

I would be sweet talking through your belly to get that baby girl to move around for Gramma!