Monday, May 16, 2011
Lilah had her 9-month check-up today, and she's growing like a weed! She's 18 pounds, 11 ounces (50th percentile), and 28 & 1/4 inches (75th percentile). (For comparison, Libby was 16 pounds and 27 inches as her 9-month visit.) She also has an ear infection, which is her fourth in less than 2 months (third in 4 weeks), so we got a referral to the ENT. That's scheduled for May 31st with the same doctor at Children's Hospital that did Libby's tubes. Looks like Lilah's headed down the same path, which is actually a relief, because these ear infections just make them miserable. Antibiotics knock out the infection but not the fluid, so that fluid just gets re-infected as soon as we stop the antibiotic.
Lilah's been a busy girl lately. I was filling out her baby book this weekend, and it seems like I was writing down "8 months" for every milestone.
• She has 2 bottom teeth and seems to be working on the upper ones from the way she's sucking on her lips, chewing on teething rings and drooling.
• She's eating three good solid meals and day, and loves Puffs for a snack. We're going to introduce some other finger foods very soon.
• She waves enthusiastically, especially at Daddy.
• She babbles "dadadadada" all the time, and "mamama" sometimes.
• She's crawling everywhere, although still with her belly on the ground.
• She can get in and out of a sitting position by herself.
• She can pull up to a standing position by herself, her new favorite activity!
She's delighted by Libby and all her dancing and silliness. They're starting to play together and it's awesome to hear them laughing together. She's also in love with Miss Kimmy, her primary caregiver at daycare. We recently found out Miss Kimmy babysits on the weekends, so we're going to have her watch the girls for us so we can go out soon, and hopefully make that a regular thing.
posted by sarah