Monday, May 19, 2008

home alone

I know lately I've been more of the traveler in the family, but this weekend Sarah left for the annual HOW Conference, this year in Boston, and left us home alone. I don't like it when she's away, but I've been so busy this is probably a good time for her to be gone.
My suspicious lack of posts lately is due largely to the fact that I have never been busier at work than I am right now. The biggest project I've taken on since I started my new job is quickly approaching completion and I am working day and night (literally) to stay on top of my pieces. It's been pretty exhausting and I don't imagine it will get any easier for at least the next six weeks. Which sucks, but it is timing itself out pretty well so that when our little girlie gets here, I'll be able to give her my undivided attention.
I did manage to carve out some time this weekend to make some major progress on our landscaping. It has been looking sorely neglected this season, so I spent a few hours Saturday cleaning out all of the dead stuff around the house and on Sunday Sarah's brother Michael came down and helped me plant three new bushes, spread 26 bags of mulch, clean out even more of the landscaping, put up the awning on the front porch, and mow the lawn. Needless to say, it wore me out even more but I'm very happy with how it looks and can't wait for Sarah to get home and see the results of my effort.
So work's crazy, time is moving way to fast (holy cow! We're down to double digits in days until Baby Girl Whitman arrives!!!), and while I'm definitely missing Sarah this week, I'm glad that I can get some extra work done without taking away from my time with her.
I've got to get back to work...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That makes me tired just reading what you did this weekend. I'm sure Seth was a great help. I have to plant my new lilac bush and daylilies, but Casey had a game last night, Chloe has one tonight, domino club Wednesday and Chloe has a game Thursday. Maybe I will get them planted this weekend! I am glad you will get some time off when the baby comes. It will be great that all of you can spend some alone time together getting to know the little one. Looking forward to seeing you the 7th of June.

sarah said...

I'm having fun at the conference but am soooo tired today. I can't wait to come home and see all of you and spend a long weekend resting!