Sunday, May 11, 2008

happy mother's day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms who read our blog!

I had a great mother-to-be day. Kevin made breakfast while I slept in, and he and all my fur babies bought me the movie "Juno." If you haven't seen it yet, I encourage you to rent it. It's hilarious and very sweet. Then Katie, Seth and I took Mom and Gran to brunch at The Houston Inn while Kevin watched Casey (we invited him to come with us, but he was kind enough to watch Casey so we could have a baby-free meal). Katie, Mom and Gran surprised me with an early shower present/Mother's Day gift: all our baby bedding and accessories! They wanted us to have it now so we could complete the nursery and have it all set up for our Cincinnati shower on June 22nd. Katie's hosting the shower, but it's at our house, so all our friends can see the room before she's born. We're very excited, and everything's in the wash right now so we can put it all together tonight.

Yesterday, we went to a couples shower/cookout for our friends Doug and Sue, who are having a boy 6 weeks before us. It was a beautiful day and a fun party. Beforehand, we spent a little time shopping at some kids' stores in Oakley and picked up a few gifts for upcoming events. And we got some great ice cream, one of my favorite treats lately!

I'm tired, and my left hip has been bothering me, but it was a very nice weekend. I can't believe it's almost over!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. I'll bet the bedding is on the crib already! I also had a nice Mother's Day. I celbrated on Saturday with Kurt's family and Sunday with Keith's Mom and went to a Mother's Day Tea with my Mom. Thank you for the gift-card, I plan to get a lilac bush and I'm not sure what else. Thanks again.