Sweet little Lilah turned 6 months today! Here's what's going on in her world:
• Her cute habits include kicking her legs whenever she's excited or sees you coming, rubbing her head when she's sleepy and blowing raspberries. She loves the jumper that hangs from the doorway, Sophie Giraffe and TV (we don't turn it on for her, but she sees what Libby is watching).
• She started eating rice cereal about two weeks ago, and we added applesauce this week. She still mostly spits it out, but she'll get the hang of it soon. We're going to try sweet potatoes this weekend and see if she takes to them better.
• She has her 6-month appointment on Monday, but unofficially she weighs about 16 pounds. She has the cutest little roly-poly thighs (Helen says they're juicy, tee hee). So we're not sweating the fact that she's not really eating solids yet.
• She's been rolling both ways for about 6 weeks but isn't sitting up unsupported yet. She reaches for toys and rakes things toward her when she's on her belly, a good precursor to crawling.
• She's not really digging her pacifier lately, so we're going to try to just stop offering it and see if she's cool with that. I'd love to not have to keep track of and wash those, and it will be nice to not have to wean her from them later on. She sucks her thumb a little.
• She's still getting exclusively breastmilk. My goal is to nurse her for at least a year, like I did Libby. I'm very proud of this.
• We started sleep training her this week using the Ferber method, which we've used very successfully for Libby. It went pretty well Tuesday night and great last night. She just started fussing again tonight, so we'll see how it goes. Even if we have to go in there several times to soothe and reassure her, it's wonderful to have both girls in bed by 8. There's not a lot of free time for two working parents of a 2.5-year-old and a 6-month old.
I'll post her official stats after her appointment on Monday.