Friday, May 23, 2008

there's no place like home

The HOW Conference was a big success. We had close to 4,000 attendees--our largest event ever--and everyone seemed pleased with the program. I enjoyed it, but the traveling, walking and being "on" all day long was very tiring. Plus I didn't sleep well at all. I hope to make up for it this weekend, though. I have five days off, and I need it!

Suddenly, my stomach looks and feels huge. She kicks a lot now and was very active during the conference. I think my weird eating schedule and atypical diet attributed to that. She was especially spastic after I downed an iced chai latte with whipped cream from Starbucks just before boarding the plane. I usually don't eat a lot of sugar or drink caffeine, so I'm sure it was a shock to her system, but I needed it at that point. I also had a lot of pain in my upper right abdomen whenever I ate a meal in Boston. It's not as bad now that I'm home, so I'm not sure if it was caused by what I was eating, when I was eating or how I was sitting when I ate (i.e., at a table instead of on a couch or at my desk, lol). I just hope it's not my gall bladder because it sounds a lot like the gall bladder pain Melissa had with her two pregnancies.

Speaking of Melissa, she had her baby Tuesday. She named her Sydney Ann, and she weighed a whopping 9 pounds, 6 ounces! Luckily, she had a scheduled c-section. The doctor estimated the baby at between 6.5 and 7.5 pounds earlier this week. The fact that they can be that far off scares the heck out of me. Anyway, if you'd like to see pics of Miss Sydney, check out Joan's Journeys, Melissa's mom's blog.

3 comments:

Candy said...

Welcome home Sarah & Baby Girl Whitman
I am happy to hear the conf. was a success.

In the old days, airlines allowed a person to request a special diet.
Maybe next time, HOW will allow you to order a vegie diet!
Sleep well little one!

Kathy said...

I am so glad that you are home. I can see that the little miss is growing by leaps and bounds by the latest picture. I hope that this weekend you will get the rest that you need. I sent an e-mail to you and Kevin at his address. Check it out.

Susan said...

You and Baby DID grow since the last photo. It is amazing, actually. You look great!

(I empathize with you about being pregnant at the conference. It must have been mucho exhausting.)