Saturday, May 31, 2008

prenatal pampering

Today is the start of my third trimester. That's both exciting and scary! I have a lot to look forward to this month, though. First, I have my baby shower in Edgerton next Sunday. Then, I have my Cincinnati shower June 22nd. (I'm very lucky to have so many great people in my life to help celebrate our little girl.) Plus, we start our childbirth education classes at the end of June.

The last few weeks have been a lot of fun as well. Last Friday, as a Father's Day surprise to Kevin, I had maternity photos taken at Kelly Michelle Photography in Covington, KY. We learned about the studio at the Baby Expo in April, and Kevin liked the idea of doing maternity photos, but I was lukewarm about it. A few weeks ago I had the idea to do them as a present for him. I paid for a one-hour studio session, and they took pictures of me for 2.5 hours! I felt like a model, and the experience alone was worth the price. My plan was to take my friend Megan with me to select the prints then surprise Kevin with them on Father's Day. However, they took so many pictures in multiple outfits (6!) and poses, I knew I'd never be able to choose, and I thought Kevin would really enjoy seeing all of them and selecting the ones he liked best. So, without telling him about the photos at all, I picked him up after work last night and took him to the studio as a surprise. It was really fun to view all the photos with him and see which ones he preferred. I'm not always super photogenic, but she did such a great job and made me feel so comfortable that there were lots of good ones to choose from. I also made reservations right down the street from the studio at Chez Nora for dinner, then we went to Newport on the Levee for Cold Stone ice cream afterward. It ended up being a very lovely, and much needed, date to end the week. And Kevin is the king of surprises, so it was nice to treat him to a unexpected night out, especially since he's been so overwhelmed with work lately.

Today, I used the gift certificate Kevin had given me for a prenatal massage at Timeless Aesthetics, a new medspa near our house. It was soooo relaxing and nice to be pampered. I'd love to do it once a week if I could afford it!

So as I enter this last stage of my pregnancy, I'm feeling very blessed--and spoiled--and have never been happier!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Sarah, I can't wait to see some of the pictures. What a neat idea to turn it into a "date" which is something you both needed! You both have been so busy, it is nice to slow down. You will be here in only a week. It seemed so far away and now it is almost here. I can't wait to see you.(and your baby bump) The massage sounds great and you deserve to be pampered. I am happy for you.

Susan said...

I'm with Kathy: I can't wait to see some of the pics.

I had one prenatal massage myself, and it was heaven, too.

P.S. We have a business near us called Massage Envy that offers a "Wellness Program" that you join on an annual basis. It's 59 bucks a month, which includes one one-hour massage and the option for additional one-hour massages that month at just 39 bucks each. I don't know if they're in OH, too, but it's been a great, and affordable, de-stressor for me. www.massageenvy.com

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,

I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to see your little girl. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying this wonderful time in your lives.

Candy said...

Good for you! Enjoy the final months of that little girl inside, you will be cuddling her soon.

Treasure the days, even the uncomfortable ones.

See ya in September!