Saturday, January 03, 2009

sick of being sick


My little cold turned out to be the plague, and I've been in bed all week. We canceled our New Year's Eve plans with Matt and Amanda, and I called the doctor New Year's Day and got an antibiotic. Luckily Kevin and I both had the week off, so I didn't have to worry about taking unplanned time off, and Kevin was able to take care of both me and Libby. I barely had the will to live, so I'm not sure how I would have made it through the past few days without him. Basically, I ate, slept and nursed, while Kevin made food for us and cared for Libby. She's been an angel, though. I think she really likes her daddy time! I feel bad that my illness ruined what would have been a week filled with fun and projects, though. In addition to Nurse Kevin, I've also enjoyed the attentions of Nurse Kenzie. My little cat has relished the fact that I've spent 24/7 in bed upstairs and hasn't left my side. He even got up to yell at me and coax me back to bed when I was nursing Libby at 4 a.m. He's such a sweet little guy. I think he misses all the attention he used to get from me. Libby seems to be feeling fine, but her little nose is still very runny. She and Kevin went to run some errands today. It's pretty warm here, and I think they both needed to get out of this germ-infested house. We did make it to IKEA on Monday, before I got really sick, and bought a new rug for the living room (thanks for the gift card, Dad and Candy!). We also got a new, smaller coffee table, with storage inside. We realized we needed to maximize our usable floor space as Libby gets more interactive and closer to crawling.

On a brighter note, we did have a wonderful Christmas. Christmas Eve we stayed home, ate snacks, watched movies and made cookies. We had so much fun opening presents on Christmas morning (Kevin and I each bought gifts for Libby and traded them for opening), and Gran made a very nice Christmas dinner. Friday we traveled to Edgerton and celebrated with Kevin's family. We all got so many nice things, especially Miss Olivia. The only thing that would have made it better was if we could have seen Dad and Candy. So thank you for helping to make Libby's first Christmas so lovely.

We're still working on getting all of our pictures and videos uploaded with captions. It was on our project list for this week, but obviously, all of our plans were derailed. Until then, enjoy the chair photo of Baby New Year.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry you have felt so bad. Thanks for not infecting us on Tuesday! We look forward to seeing a healthy Libby on Tuesday.

Candy said...

Well, it sounds like Nurse Candy should have come back to Ohio to care for the 2 sick Whitman girls.
Glad you are feeling better.

Baby New Year.....I love it!

Kathy said...

I hope you are feeling much better today. I am not getting around to posting my Christmas pictures very fast either. I am so glad that Kevin didn't get sick too so that he could take care of his girls.

Susan said...

That stinks that you were so under the weather. I haven't felt right for the last week, either--but nothing like what you described!

Selfishly, I can't wait to see all the pics, but unselfishly, take your time getting everything up. (I accidentally erased all files--including un-downloaded holiday pictures--on my memory card last night. Sigh.)

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry you've been miserable. We definitely missed spending New Year's with you...but we'll make up for it soon! Luv ya!