Wednesday, December 31, 2008

happy's place

I was looking around on facebook today and saw that someone I knew was a fan of Happy's Place, the daily after-show cartoon program on our local station in Ft. Wayne. Suddenly I flashed back to my childhood and the day I got to go to Happy's Place. Almost everyone I went to elementary school with got to go be on Happy's Place at some point. In every show, Cousin Happy would have everyone in the audience come up and say their name and he'd ask them a question. Then he'd play some cartoons with the help of Froggy the Frog. Froggy eventually got his own show in the morning called Froggy's Pad. I would watch both shows every day when I was growing up. I also have a faint recollection of Happy coming to Edgerton during our annual festival in the summer. And I think my brother Kurt got to go up on stage with him. Christy, is that right?
Anyway, here's a clip of one of his shows, if only we'd taped the one that I was on...

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Yes, that is right! Everyone thought it was set up and they had rehearsed as Kurt was so funny. They really worked good together!! Wish I had had a camcorder then! I remember taking you to Happy's Place too.

Anonymous said...

Kevin.... I remember watching Happy's Place and seeing you and Kurt on the show. I remember Kurt flexing his muscles for Happy. I think I remember Troy Nihart being with you as well. What a fun show. We watched it all the time as well but we were never lucky enough to go to the big city and be so famous. Good Times!! Love ya!!

Katie said...

It sounds like Uncle Al here in Cincinnati!

PS, I love the 18 week pic of Libby.