Thursday, January 29, 2009

ready for summer



Although it's not very seasonal, I wanted to take Libby's chair photo this week in this little outfit that was mine as a baby, now that it finally fits her. My mom gave it to me as a baby shower gift, and it's totally from Sears, circa 1975, with plastic-lined pants and all. Of course, the shoes wouldn't stay on her feet, so she decided to chew on them (has any pair of baby booties ever stayed on any baby's feet?).

Unfortunately, Mommy took the photo shoot a little too far: When Libby flipped onto her side and exposed the darling ruffles on her bum, I wanted to get one last shot. Libby kept on flipping, though, and fell about 12 inches and landed on the back of her head on the hardwood floor. I called the doctor and the nurse told me what signs of concussion to look for today, but she said she thought she'd be fine. And I talked to Gran, who of course felt sorry for Libby but reassured me that this would be the first of many bumps. Libby is napping now (the nurse said that was OK), and I'm keeping a close eye on her. Lesson learned.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Gran is right. There will be many bumps along the way. Sorry to hear she had her first one. I am sure she will be fine but glad you checked with the doctor. Cute pictures.

Susan said...

I love the "vintage" outfit. I saw some old pics of you (Sarah) as a preschooler, and I have to say: Libby really does resemble you.

Amanda said...

She is developing into such a cutie! Now that Maddox is crawling he bumps his head at least twice a day. I think it's easier to say to a boy "you're alright" than if I had a girl...

Candy said...

Lil Libby, you are quite the fashion statement in your "purple" and we now how we feel about that color.

Hope your noggin is is feeling ok.

BTW, where's your bunny?

sarah said...

I know, Candy! After all that, I forgot her bunny. :-(