Sunday, November 05, 2006

Quick Update...

Today we got all of the painting done and I got the doors installed back on the original cabinets. I also built three of the new wall cabinets and plan to install them tomorrow.
I've hit a few snags in some installation plans, though. It turns out that where I had planned to run the vent for the stove goes directly into a chimney that currently vents our hot water heater in the basement. I'm not sure how that will work, so I need to give it some thought. We've also got some electrical work that we want to do and are considering calling in an expert. I can change an outlet or replace a light fixture, but beyond that I have no idea what I'm doing and I am generally scared of electricity. We want to run a new outlet in next to the stove and need to figure out how to run the power from our old vent to the new one. I'm sure we'll figure it out.
Here's a picture of the painting in progress to give you an idea of the color. It's a little overwhelming right now, but once we get everything installed, I think it will look really good.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I like the color. It looks like a soft green (almost like the color in my bedroom) Is it close to that color? I hope you will be able to put the vent where you want it. I am afraid of messing with the electricity too so it may be a good idea to call on an expert.

Kathy said...

Kevin, I was talking to Dad and he wondered if you had considered a ventless filtered hood. You might want to look into that option.

Mel said...

Very nice!

Project Man said...

Kevin ~ electricity is very simple and I am sure you can do it. We can talk on the phone and I can walk you through it.....seriously!