Sunday, November 19, 2006

Out with the old, in with the new!!!

So this weekend, Sarah told me that if we cleaned up all the leaves in the yard we could go car shopping on Saturday. It was a good goal to set, because our yard was so covered in leaves. Thirty one yard bags later we were on our way to my personal heaven. We went to Subaru to check out the Legacy wagon, Honda to check out the all new CR-V, and Mitsubishi to check out the just released Outlander. I was most excited about the Outlander because it had some neat features, but when we drove it, I was underwhelmed. We ended up adding the Mazda CX-7 to our list, but it was a little high on price and low on fuel economy.
We'd set out on this trip with the intention of gathering information and deciding what to do at some point in the future. But when we got home, Sarah and I were both getting pretty excited at the idea of a new car. I had resigned myself to the fact that I was probably going to have to sell the Cougar on my own to get what we needed out of it. So today I went to the car wash to get it cleaned up. After that we decided to go to another Honda dealership because we were really leaning toward the CR-V, but the one we test drove on Saturday was a different trim level. We made a quick stop at the Hyundai dealership to check out the new Santa Fe, but didn't love it.
I told the Honda dealer that we liked the car, but the other dealer was about $2,000 off on the trade in value of my car. So he asked me to give him a chance to run the numbers. I figured it is always worth it to get a second opinion. Initially he came back with the same quote as the first dealer, so we said thanks, but that's not what we need. So he went somewhere and came back with a more complete set of numbers and a slightly different trade in value. We talked about it, he came back, we told him what we needed, and this cycle repeated itself about three of four times. In the end, he got his number pretty much exactly where I wanted it. Sarah and I talked it over again and we decided this was going to be the right time and the right price.
So... I have a 2007 Honda CR-V EX being prepped for me in the morning. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
I posted a picture of the Old Coug (I really am going to miss her), and the New CR-V. I'll get some pics of my actual car up soon.
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm looking forward to taking a ride in your new car when you come home for Christmas. It looks neat. You will like the 4 wheel drive this winter.

Project Man said...

Uh ~ you forgot a few of the specifics.....like interior and exterior color, sound system, other options, etc.

Congratulations to both of you! I can't wait to see it in January!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You will love your new SUV. It's beautiful, and I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Honda.

BTW, I was laughing when I read how you were just going to "look." Ha! Isn't that almost impossible when it comes to cars?! :-)

Katie said...

You guys have had a big month. Next time I call Sarah will be sitting on the floor in the kitchen looking at her cabinets and Kevin will be sitting in his car listening to his Ipod!! Congrats!