Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Creepy Crawlies

Saturday night, I awoke on my back and felt something on my face. In my half-sleep, I brushed it off then felt it crawl or jump back onto my face. So I grabbed it, squeezed it and heard it go "crunch" before I threw it onto the floor. I actually heard it hit the floor and wondered what in god's name it was. I tiptoed out of bed, went to the bathroom, washed my hands and dashed back to bed without investigating.

In the morning, I told Kevin about my nocturnal adventure before we got out of bed. He said it was probably a dream, but I have a pretty good grasp on sleep vs. awake. So when he got out of bed, I asked him to turn on the light before my feet hit the floor. There lay a spider corpse, big, thick-legged and blackish brown. I was mortified. Needless to say, I changed the sheets and blanket before going to bed Sunday night.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Small Sarah...don't tell me about these kinds of things!!! :) Now I will never fall asleep tonight!

Anonymous said...

Yuck!

Although, I suppose it could've been worse: I've read that most people EAT insects in their sleep at one time or another (without knowing it, of course).

Kathy said...

I just got home from domino club. Keith is in Lima tonight. I would have to read this just before I am going to bed!! Hope I never see one of those at your house - or mine!!

Project Man said...

Yuck Sarah ~ Not Cool!

Our biggest fear in the desert southwest is that the same might happen with a scorpion......

sarah said...

It did occur to me that, since I was wearing my biteguard which makes me sleep with my mouth slightly open, it could have crawled in my mouth. BTW, we do have the house sprayed for insects each quarter, so our home isn't infested with spiders or anything!

Katie said...

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! I was just glad this little scenario didn't involve silverfish or centipedes (my personal least favorite bugs)!!

um... yeah... said...

um, that is disgusting. of course i am disgusted by anything creepy and crawly...