Friday, November 21, 2008

great gran!

Since Kevin was traveling Tuesday and Wednesday, and Libby has been pretty fussy in the evening, my maternal grandma, Gran, came to stay with us girls for a few days. It was such a tremendous help to have her around and we really enjoyed our time alone with her. Usually when we see her there's a big family gathering and we don't get much one-on-one time. And she hadn't seen her little Libby is several weeks, so she was itching for a fix! I think Gran especially enjoyed helping with Libby's bath (I told Libby that Gran used to give Mommy and Aunt Katie baths too!). As I was getting Libby ready to get in her tub, Gran was talking to her and laughing, then Libby started laughing for the first time! It was such a cute little throaty guffaw. Daddy got her laughing again last night, and I can't wait to hear more of that sweet little sound. She's also all smiles these days. Last Friday, I came home briefly from work before heading out again for some take-out dinner. Kevin was holding her facing outward as I chattered and put my things away. Then I looked at her and realized she was just beaming at me as if to say, "Mommy, you're home!"

As you can see, Libby is growing and changing fast. She's sooo close to rolling over from her back to her tummy. I'm hoping she does it when Kevin and I are both home and watching. She's also making more and more noises as she talks to her toys. And she's started batting at them too.

We're looking forward to the weekend and a short work week without travel. Wish us luck catching up on sleep (Mommy's averaging 4 to 5 hours a night this week) and that Kevin's wicked cold is better soon.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I can't wait to hear Libby laugh.
I am glad that Kevin is home and I hope his cold gets better soon.
He had chicken soup when we went out, but I guess it didn't help!

Amanda said...

Isn't it just absolutely amazing to have her in your life?