Tuesday, November 04, 2008

bathing beauty






I took some super cute photos of Libby's bath a few weeks ago and thought I'd share them. You can see more in the "libby month two" section of our mobile me gallery.

I also thought I'd take a minute to explain her bathtub since we get so many questions about it. Yes, it's like a bucket, but it has a few features that make it more comfortable than sitting in a bucket. It has a foam contoured bottom for her to sit on. It has a handle that makes the water easy to dump. And it has curved edges that are comfy for her head. She loves being submerged in the water for her baths as you can see in the photos (the idea is that it's similar to being in the womb). She can support herself and likes to push up with her legs to a semi-standing position when she's in it. The only complaint I have with it is that it's hard to clean all the little creases in her thighs when she's sitting on her bottom, but we just hit those spots again with a washcloth when she gets out of the tub.

It's called the Prince Lionheart Wash Pod, and you can learn more about it here.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

How cute! I miss my little Libby. I am going to the auction tomorrow and will try not to get carried away!!

Candy said...

Hmmm....purple towel, looks great!

Amanda said...

That tub is crazy cool! Sometimes I worry that Maddox gets too cold because his body is half out of the water! Again, Libby is super duper cute!

Susan said...

I wish I could see her in person. And hold her. She is getting so big.

Also: I wish I'd known about that bath pod about four years ago! It looks SO cool, er, warm for a baby!

Katie said...

Maybe Libby will outgrow that and pass it on to her cousin by February!

sarah said...

It would be nice for those cold winter baths, Katie!

Unknown said...

I've never seen a tub like this but is is really nice. These are such cute photos. Hope you are all doing well.

Anonymous said...

face the camera and spread your legs cutie lets see some babypussy