Thursday, March 30, 2006

Top o' the Mornin'


Today I went into the guest room where Olive lives now and noticed that she was not only out and about in her tank, but she was perched on top of the log that she usually hides beneath. I wanted to capture this rare moment of her basking in the spotlight, so I ran downstairs to grab the camera. When I stepped into the office, I noticed Kenzie up on top of the bookshelf by Kevin's desk. I'd never seen him up there before (he's usually curled up on the back of the couch next to the heater vent in the morning). So here's a glimpse of our two bashful pets--the ones most of you claim you never see. Notice Olive's red lipstick; she'd just finished eating this sweet, fruity turtle food that she seems to love.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Kenzie must have been in rare form all day yesterday because when I arrived to pickup Gilmore, he was weaving through my legs wanting to be held...or was he wanting Tuna? I scratched his chin and that seemed to passify him.

Project Man said...

I think this is the first time I have ever seen either of them. Two really good pictures! Thanks for sharing.....

um... yeah... said...

oh the cuteness...

sarah said...

George, I don't know where you're located, but I did a quick Google search for "alaskan malamute rescue" and found rescue groups in a bunch of places, including Alaska (natch), Texas, Illinois and North Carolina. Often, these groups are willing to transport dogs several hours to hook adoptees up with carefully screened adoptors. If you're looking for a full-bred dog with papers, I'd start with the American Kennel Club for a recommendation. If you go this route, just try to steer clear of puppy mills. I'm sure there are plenty of homeless dogs that are nearly full-bred out there looking for a great home, though. The rescue group and shelter I volunteer with aren't breed-specific. Hope that helps!