Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Nearly Sprung

I love springing forward every year. I'm so much more inspired by the extra hour of daylight. Sunday we did tons of yard work, as evidenced by the 20 giant lawn and leaf bags full of debris that we left for the garbage collector—and my aching hamstrings. Kevin got to break out his new mower since TruGreen Chemlawn is working miracles on our front yard. And I found a hole full of fuzzy, squirming little baby bunnies in the front flower bed. (Now I'm obsessed with their safety since I had cleared away practically all of the dead growth that their mother was probably using to keep them warm and safe before I discovered them.) The Canada Geese have returned to the glorified drainage ditch at work and do daily fly-bys outside my window. And once we cleared all of the leaves out of the flower beds I realized just how many flowers were already shooting up and even blooming. Here's to rainy nights and warm sunny days!

2 comments:

Project Man said...

Sarah ~ I always loved this time of year with spring thunderstorms, warm and lazy spring warmth, and Peonies poking their shoots through the ground for their May showcase.

Take good care of those bunnies!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the sore hamstrings. We did a bunch of yard work last weekend with my parents, and my legs are just now feeling normal. The yard looks better, though, so I guess it's worth it. :-)