Thursday, March 23, 2006

Clean your room, Gilmore!!


I got home from work tonight and, as I usually do, went over to Gilmore's crate to let him out. When I opened the door, I could not believe my eyes. There was white stuffing EVERYWHERE! At first I couldn't figure out what toy I had left in there that he could do this to, but he was anxious to go to the bathroom, so I took him out and we came back in to figure it out. I pulled everything out and realized that he had destroyed his bed! I took it down to the basement to assess the damage, figuring I'd have to be going to the pet store for a new bed. Upon closer examination, I realized that he had actually UNZIPPED the outer cover of his bed and torn apart the inner cover to get to the stuffing. Once I got it all cleaned up, he spent some time "in jail" as you can see below.
Kids, what're you gonna do?

5 comments:

um... yeah... said...

aw - pets are so funny. i think maybe he wanted out of that kennel! is he still not housetrained enough to leave him out all day without piddle puddles when you come home?

this is why i love cats. i want a dog, but dammit cats are so easy. they pee in a box, and that's it. i don't know what i'd do right now if i had to walk a dog! :P

Katie said...

Gilmore was rebelling cause his momma is out of town. He might have learned that trick from his sister/cousin, Valentine.

kevin said...

He hasn't had any housetraining issues since he was a puppy. He actually really likes his kennel. We may leave him out during the day eventually, he just gets too anxious if he is out and no one is home, which can lead to chewing on the wrong things (woodwork, etc). I'm sure as he gets older this will be less of an issue. He's usually very good, that's why this mess was such a surprise.

Anonymous said...

He looks so sad in jail!! Only my grandpuppy would be smart enough to work a zipper!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should start leaving the NYT crossword in Gilmore's crate. Clearly, he needs more intellectual stimulation! :)