Saturday, August 09, 2008

surprise for me!

At work this week, my manager Brian had scheduled a "Mid-Year Review" with me for Friday, which isn't a required thing, but I thought it was a good idea. So I spent some time on Thursday getting ready for this meeting. Then someone else scheduled a meeting in another building right before my meeting with Brian, which seemed a little strange, but I didn't really think too much of it at the time. So at 11:00, we went back to the conference room for my "review" but when I walked in there were ten of my co-workers, a cake, and a big pile of pink gift bags waiting for me! My team had succeeded in surprising me with a baby shower! It was a very pleasant surprise and I was really touched by their thoughtfulness. I got all kinds of cute outfits for my little girl and a Target gift card (because there is nothing left on our registry) that we will have no trouble spending on baby necessities! The other thing that made the day special was the gift from Brian. He and his wife own a framing shop and as a gift they matted and framed a series of pictures from Sarah's baby bump photo shoot. It is beautiful and looks absolutely perfect in the nursery.
I am really lucky to have such a great group of people to work with and I can't wait for them to meet our daughter!!!

3 comments:

Candy said...

I knew it! I knew your work crew would put something together and surprise you and the little princess.

You are loved, my dear.

Katie said...

I really liked meeting your co-workers at your birthday happy hour. That was really nice of them.

Kathy said...

How thoughtful of your co-workers. It was neat that they could surprise you..not always an easy thing to do.