Thursday, August 21, 2008

doctor

We saw the doc today and STILL no change. She may have dropped a tiny bit, which I guessed since I've been having some sharp pelvic pains this week. But he thinks she'll wait to drop until I'm in labor. My weight and blood pressure are holding steady, though, so all is well. Maybe she's just waiting for her mom to get over this cold so I can actually breathe during labor!

Assuming nothing natural happens before then, I'll see the doctor again Monday, and he'll do a nonstress test. Basically, they hook you up to a monitor for 15 to 30 minutes and see how many times the baby moves to make sure there aren't any signs of fetal distress. It's a pretty common test to have once you're past your due date. Otherwise, I'm scheduled to arrive at the hospital next Thursday at 4 p.m. for my induction. The doctor did tell me that I won't necessarily have to have Pitocin because there's a chance the Cervadil will kickstart labor on its own that night. Cross your fingers that I go into labor on my own before then. But if not, this journalist's little daughter has a deadline.

2 comments:

Candy said...

I know a trick that might start labor....

Katie said...

Today is the day baby girl. Come out, come out, wherever you are!!