Tuesday, June 24, 2008

shower number two





We had my Cincinnati baby shower at our house Sunday. Katie and Mom did such a great job with all of the food, decorations and games, and it was fun to have it at home so we could show off our nursery! We had about 20 guests who were all very generous with gifts for our little one. It was a nice mix of family and friends--Kevin's mom even made it down from Edgerton. And Kevin helped me open gifts again, which was so helpful for me and fun for him.
Some of the gift highlights for me:

The "diaper cake" that Katie made for us. You can see it in one of the many photos I've posted here--the diapers are brown because they're Seventh Generation chlorine-free dipes, so they're not bleached white. (I'm also still loving the cute cupcakes she ordered for the party!)

Two of my own baby outfits that Mom cleaned and wrapped up for me, including crocheted bibs and booties made by my great grandma Leola. I don't have photos of those but I'll take some later.

An authentic Chinese kimono that Dad bought for his first granddaughter back in 2004, the year Katie and I got married (there's a photo of us opening it).

And a sweet lavender bath towel set Gramma Candy made just for our little sweetie.

Needless to say, it was a fun day, and we're feeling very blessed!

2 comments:

Candy said...

What a haul! You know I wish I could have been there, I am glad you two had fun opening gifts, now you have to find room to store it all. Babies and their stuff tend to to take up lots of room! I had fun making the towel set for the FIRST granddaughter!
It won't be long now....

Anonymous said...

and Kevin handled himself so well in a room full of estrogen. :)

don't tell him - we wouldn't want him getting a big head b/c he's "good with the ladies". lol

you're adorable. it was so good to see you guys! can't wait to meet her!