Thursday, June 26, 2008

our baby: 31 weeks



We had a doctor's appointment this week and all is well. He did all the usual stuff, including a quick internal exam, and said I'm right on track--and all baby, which you can see from the photos. My recent symptoms, which include gall bladder pain, the return of the rash on my stomach, and swelling of my hands and feet, are all normal and tolerable. I'll see him again in 2 weeks, then have another ultrasound 2 weeks after that to see how big she is. Here's what's going on this week--and a shower photo of me and my friend Sue who is due in just 2 weeks on my birthday (July 11th)!

Week 31
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments: