Thursday, June 05, 2008

doctor, doctor

I had my 28-week doctor's appointment today, along with my gestational diabetes test. The glucose drink that I had to take one hour before the blood draw wasn't nearly as disgusting as I feared (mine was orange flavored). In fact, it tasted kind of like one of those sugary little hugs drinks that come in the tiny plastic barrels. I should have the results back by Monday.

My size, weight and blood pressure are all on track, and the baby's heart rate was good (158). I have to see him in 3 more weeks, and he'll start doing internal exams then, which I'm not looking forward to, but I think will provide some helpful info since I'm always curious about everything. I asked if he could tell how she was laying, but he said she's probably still moving around a lot. I just feel her moving all the time on my right side of my abdomen, just below my ribs, and sometimes that spot gets really hard. It's a weird feeling.

I also met with a dermatologist last week, which was very uneventful. I was already taking Zyrtec per her suggestion, and that seems to have cleared the rash up almost completely. She said there's not much else I can do except moisturize and, should the rash flare back up in an extreme way, get a steroid injection. But it was good to establish a relationship with her in case anything else pops up since dermatologists are notoriously hard to get into.

So, all is well and I'm feeling good about traveling this weekend. And I'm getting very excited about my shower Sunday. I'll have lots to post about that next week!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your bump is turning into more of a boulder. Have fun at your Edgerton shower. Only 2 more weeks until you Cincinnati one.