Monday, October 30, 2006

Sushi Rolls and Rollin' Heads

Our "date" Saturday night turned out to be the classic dinner and a movie, which we actually don't do very often (we tend to do take-out and a DVD). We had sushi, which was divine, at the just-opened Pacific Moon at Newport on the Levee. I hadn't had individual sushi pieces in a while, and these were so big and tender that we shared them, turning 6 pieces into 12 (I hope they didn't think we were just being cheap!). We also had some yummy but eye-watering hot and sour soup and a few sushi rolls (warning: when they say spicy, they mean it!).

After a quick stop at Claire's, where I felt much too old but found some cute headbands, we went to see "Marie Antionette." Both Kirsten Dunst's performance and Sofia Coppola's direction were fabulous. It's definitely not a stuffy period piece--much better than the usual Emma Thompson/Anthony Hopkins fare. It was shot entirely at the Palace of Versailles, so it was cool to see all the places inside and outside of the castle that we visited on our honeymoon (including Marie Antionette's boudoir). That's my favorite place in Paris, and we spent quite a bit of time there in the palace and the gardens on our honeymoon.

The weekend was full, with a good mix of both work and fun. We'll post photos of the kitchen project soon.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening. I think I would pass on the "spicy" food. I will have to see the movie so that I can see the great places that you saw on you honeymoon.

Katie said...

Sounds great, although I doubt Matt will go see it with me. I'll have to wait and rent it.