Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Good Ole' Rocky Top

This weekend I
went on a road trip to Gatlinburg with my friends from work. It was my first time in the Smokies, so I have been really looking forward to it. CJ, Erin, her friend Kari, Gina, her husband Jeff, and I all piled into our rental mini-van on Friday and headed out of town. We got to our cabin around 8:30 hung out there until Saturday afternoon, when we went for a mountain hike to a waterfall. Then we went back to the cabin for an afternoon of movies, drinks, and snacks. Which turned into an evening of movies, drinks, and snacks. Sunday we went into Gatlinburg to absorb some of the local "flavor." Interesting. If you are ever in need of a medieval sword or anything airbrushed, look no further! We took in a round of hillbilly golf (guess who lost), a game of laser tag (guess who lost... again), and a round of bumper cars ( I don't think you can lose at bumper cars, unless you don't play, CJ). I know, it sounds like any 12 year old's dream, but we had a blast. We headed for home Monday morning after the obligatory pancake breakfast and a short delay thanks to a leaky bottle of grenadine in the van (not fun).
I had such a good time, it was really nice to get away from life for a few days with some really great friends (old and new). We relaxed, ate way too much, drank way too much, stayed up way too late, and I'm already looking forward to planning our next trip together...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fun trip and your cabin looks great!! Did you like driving in the mountains? I don't!

Project Man said...

Kevin,
The cabin looks great and it sounds like you had a fantastic time. Based on your account of the activities ~ I would be willing to bet that this won't be your last trip to 'Ole Rocky Top'.