Monday, July 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to US!!!!

Saturday we had our big Two-for-One Birthday Bash at our house. It was awesome. We had a great time getting together with our closest friends and getting to know some of our neighbors even better. Check out a few pictures from the party. Sarah and I had a cake decorating competition, take a minute to check them out and tell us who you would have picked! Liz and Jason came in from out of town to stay with us for the weekend and the four of us spent all day Sunday "recovering" from the party.
So today is my birthday and it has been a great one. My staff got me a cheesecake, some Nerds and Sprees, and a set of sushi dishes, all of which was a very pleasant surprise. I went to lunch with CJ at Kona Bistro (my favorite local lunch spot). Tonight I came home and Sarah had a sushi dinner prepared that we ate out on the deck. It is a beautiful evening and it is nice to spend a night relaxing with my family after such a busy week last week.
Itsmybirthday... woo hoo!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I liked them both. They so classically represent your personalities in the approach to decorating. People might be confused by that picture though. Sarah decorated the one Kevin is holding and vise versa.

um... yeah... said...

did someone surprise the hell outta ya there, kev? that look on your face is hilarious!

oh yeah, that was me, not knowing what a 72 was. haha!

Kathy said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday party. I too like them both and don't want to vote as I am prejudiced.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to both of you! Those cakes look mighty yummy. If not for Katie's comment, I would've sworn that Sarah did the super-orderly Superman cake and Kevin did the free-form Sarah tribute. Ah well, shows what I know! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh nevermind, I did have it right. Duh. My brain doesn't go on until about Tuesday, it seems.