Friday, August 04, 2006

Happy Friday

I'm sitting here at work eating tomato bisque from Trader Joe's and sliced cucumbers and feeling pretty darn happy. It's sunny, there's a breeze blowing through the trees outside my window and the sky is a perfect shade of blue with fluffy white clouds. Bryn says on days like this her mom says it looks like the sky has been washed and hung out to dry. I like that thought. It's actually 85 degrees out, but from my vantage point it looks like a warm yet crisp September day when the humidity has left the air and summer is on the verge of segueing into fall. Thinking about days like that give me one of my favorite feelings. After running an incredibly productive but mind-taxing meeting this morning, I was wishing I could leave and spend the afternoon outside. But I think my office weather fantasy is probably even better than reality.

2 comments:

Project Man said...

Sarah ~ you are a terrific writer. I always feel like I have watched an eloquent dance after reading your writings. In fact, I can almost hear Morgan Freemen reading this in one of his movies!

Kathy said...

Well, I can't follow that comment, but all I can say is reading that makes me wish I was there!!