Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Another Fun Weekend (Sans the DRAMA)

We had a lot of fun this weekend with zero incidents of poisoning! Since I've been getting called out for not posting lately, I'll cover this one.
Friday night Sarah hung out at home with the pets while I took my staff out to a Red's game. I've been fortunate to have a great team (and remain fully staffed) over the last several months and we were all ready for some fun outside the office. Unfortunately, the Red's lost to the Arizona Diamondbacks, but we all had a lot of fun. After the game several of us went to a local bar for drinks and conversation. Hopefully we'll all be able to get out more often over the summer. That is one thing that I really do miss about working in a Bank Mart (the in-store bank branches inside Kroger, I spent about four years in this type of office). I usually had a younger staff who were always up for going out on the weekends.
Saturday, I spent most of the morning recovering from Friday night. Keep in mind that I've been battling a cold this week, but I couldn't pass up a chance to go out with my crew. Sarah and I decided that we wanted to go shopping to get some things for the HOW Conference and my high school reunion coming up in June. So we headed up to Kenwood, stopping on the way at the jeweler to get our rings polished. I haven't had mine done since we got married and when they brought it out I hardly recognized it! After some lunch at Potbelly, we headed to the mall. I can not tell you the last time we spent the day hanging out at the mall, but we had a lot of fun. Sarah and I both did alright in finding some great deals and we got some new things for the house at West Elm. We stopped at Jalapeno's for some take out and headed home to watch some movies (btw, don't waste your time watching Wicker Park ... boring).
Sunday, we went over to Katie's to get ready for our big yard sale next weekend. We made a pretty good team working together to sort, price, and rebox everything. Afterward Katie ended up coming over to our house with a slew of movies to pick from and we watched Shop Girl. It's based on a book written by Steve Martin and he also stars in the film. It was good. Different, but we all liked it.
Monday night we went to see The DaVinci Code with Matt and Katie. We had all read the book and were anxious to see how it translated onto film. Despite mixed reviews from the critics, we all enjoyed the movie. Like any movie derived from a book, it didn't quite live up to the original, but it was pretty close. I won't get into too much for those who haven't read the book, but read it before you see the movie!!!!
Tonight Sarah is trying out a new yoga class at work, so I'm in charge of dinner. Gilmore and I are working on the menu right now, we're trying to pick out a 30 Minute Meal. He wants peanut butter, steak, and gravy, but I don't think Sarah will like that. I'll let you know how it goes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Not too much rest and relaxation, but alot of fun!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the DaVinci Code as I have also read the book.

Katie said...

You forgot to mention that I tried to impale myslef with glass from a ceiling fan globe. My thumb is still sore!

um... yeah... said...

but do you miss having to work nights and weekends?

you're just too much of a party animal, that's all! haha