Monday, May 01, 2006

Subtle Changes


So this weekend we decided to tackle the dining room. We took a cue from Susan's "shades of sand" and went with a color called "Gobi Desert." To see it in pictures, you may not notice a drastic change from the white we had before, but we really love the new look (on the first try this time!). It warms up and softens the space and makes it feel a little more intimate without feeling small. We left the red wall and the two colors look great together. Amidst this Saturday project I did a little yard work and finished painting the cornhole set (I used leftovers from the original living room color to paint it).
Sunday we went to Dilly Deli for a wine and cheese tasting benefit for STAF. It was a nice casual afternoon and gave us an opportunity to talk to some of our fellow volunteers in a public social environment. Afterward we went to Babies R Us to get a gift for our friend Melissa Caruso-Saleh who is having a baby soon! That store is crazy. There is so much stuff for babies. It's a little overwhelming, but it was interesting to see all the things that are out there.
Finally, we got to round out the weekend with some vegging on the couch and watching the season finale of Lost. WOW! I can't wait to get caught up on season two, but it is going to be hard to have to take it one week at a time when we have gotten used to watching two or three episodes in a row. Nobody give away what happens until we get caught up though (Stan and Katie...).
Next weekend we tackle the office!

9 comments:

Project Man said...

The look is stunning ~ really! I love it.

The "Hatch" is cool but nothing insde the "Hatch" can hold a candle to your dining room.....

Anonymous said...

I love that I was finally mentioned on this blog :)
Melissa
p.s. the dining room looks fabulous!

sarah said...

Melissa,

See the last line of Kevin's April 12th entry. That's a shout out to you, at my expense.

Anonymous said...

I love the dining room. The lighting makes it look so cozy. I can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when Melissa's baby is born. Does she know if she is having a boy or girl?

sarah said...

Melissa is having a girl and is due August 14th.

Katie said...

I don't watch LOST so :OP

kevin said...

You should, it's AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the beige! But then again, what other comment would you expect from me? LOL

Seriously, I do like it and I can tell a difference from the stark white.

Not that you care, but a few years back, one of my neighbors told me she and her husband painted their living and dining rooms "Gobi Beige." But I bet she meant "Gobi Desert" 'cause her color sure looks like yours!