Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Run for the Roses


I didn't watch the Derby Saturday, but Katie and I did partake in our own rose-related festivities Monday night. We attended a demo class on flower arranging at The Party Source (the same place Kevin and I took the sushi class in January), and learned how to make European hand-tied bouquets. Although we expected to glean more general tips on flower arranging, it was fun to learn how to make these pretty little bouquets that are often used in weddings (and are tres expensive). The class was supposed to be a demo, but it was very hands-on. Plus, we were served a light dinner and got to sample Bloom Reisling and Pinot Grigio, which are both yummy and come in very class-appropriate pretty flowered bottles. Katie and I both did a great job, IMHO. Here's a photo of my bouquet; Katie's was identical, except a little fuller. (The pic below it is of the amaryllis growing on my front porch. I just thought it was too beautiful not to share!)

Next up, we're doing a demo class on Sensational Seafood on May 22nd. We purchased two demo classes for the price of one, which is a great deal and gives us some girl time together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, You did a great job on your bouquet. It is beautiful. My dad used to have an amaryllis. He was very proud of it. He had a green thumb and it bloomed beautifully. I have a picture of it I will share with you sometime.

Project Man said...

Mom Whitman ~ why don't you send the picture to Kevin and he can scan it in and share it with us all. Sarah can post it on this blog.......