Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dinner, Drama, & Dancing

Last night we went out with our friends Matt & Amanda Hood and Matt & Katie Hulme. One of my tellers at the bank told me that he was in a play; I thought it would be fun for all of us to make a night of it and everyone agreed. We started our evening with dinner at Pompilio's, a Cincinnati area classic. Actually located in Newport, KY (just on the other side of the river), Pompilio's not only has great Italian food, but is also the location of the famous "toothpick" scene in the movie Rainman. This was the first time any of us have eaten there and I think we all loved it. The only complaint I had was that they don't take reservations, so even though we got there pretty early, we were running close on time when we left.
After dinner, we walked a few blocks over for the show. The name of the play was Love, Sex, & the IRS. You'll have to check out the website for a synopsis and some photos. My teller, Brian Richardson, played the IRS agent and he was really funny. Actually the whole show was HILARIOUS, I was laughing hard through the whole thing. The theater was smaller, which made the experience more intimate and helped keep you engaged in what was happening on stage.
After the show, everyone else headed for home, but Sarah and I had more to do. My old boss, Rick Warman, has a blow-out Mardi Gras Party every year. It's always great to get together with current and former co-workers in such a fun and crazy environment. Rick and his wife Jill really go all out for this party with a full bar, tons of food, ice sculptures, DJ and dance floor; and this is all at their home! Since we got there a little later (around 11:30), we were a little tired so we didn't stay too late. Turns out this was a good thing because I feel a lot better today than I ever felt the day after a "Warman Mardi Gras Party."
It was really nice to have a big night out with our friends. I wouldn't want to do quite so much every weekend, but every once in a while is good.

2 comments:

Project Man said...

I want to go to a Mardi Gras party! That sounds like so much fun.... Thanks for sharing your evening with us ~~~~~

Anonymous said...

Suffice it to say, you all have a MUCH more active social life than Steve and I do these days! The "highlights" of our weekend were Friday dinner at IHOP and Saturday night out at Friendly's, where Katie enjoyed a nice "Monster Mash" sundae. LOL