Monday, December 22, 2008

santa baby






Libby and I met Daddy downtown today for a late lunch and a visit to Santa at Macys. Libby wore the pretty green velvet dress Pap and Gramma sent her. She thought it would coordinate well with Santa's red velvet suit. Libby didn't pay Santa much attention. I think she was more interested in looking at the kids who had just visited with him, which is why she's looking off to the left in the pictures. We look forward to visiting this Santa every year. It's especially nice that you can take your own pictures--for free!--and Santa's helper will take photos with your camera for you too!

We've had lots of fun holiday festivities the past few weeks. The Friday before last, I had my staff gift exchange. Every year, the 5 of us make homemade goodies for each other and spend the afternoon taking a late lunch and trading gifts. This year I made chai tea. It turned out really yummy--and pretty! I've posted a photo here. That Sunday we had our annual Christmas celebration with Matt, Amanda and Maddox. They came over for Christmas brunch, and the kiddos exchanged gifts. Libby got lots of great toys and clothes. I've posted a photo of Libby opening her first Christmas present, and one of her and Maddox checking each other out.

This past Saturday Nonny babysat Libby and Gus while Kevin and I went to dinner at Nada and to the Over The Rhine Christmas concert at the Taft with Doug and Sue. Of course, we talked about the babies a lot, but it was so nice to go out and enjoy a great dinner with just the 4 of us.

We're planning to spend Christmas Eve at home. Kevin bought lots of appetizers at Kroger yesterday for us to graze on throughout the evening, and we're going to bake cut-out sugar cookies for Santa. Christmas Day we're going to Nonny's and Gran's for dinner, stopping by the Carusos' open house, then it's off to Edgerton on Friday.

I'm posting a bunch of photos, which I hope you enjoy. Kevin and I are on vacation next week, so we plan to get our photos organized and add all the Christmas ones to the gallery. I'm sure there will be plenty, so be sure to check back mid-week.

2 comments:

Candy said...

Miss Libby, you are gorgeous in your green velvet courture!

Amanda said...

Libby's face in that picture with Maddox is priceless!