Wednesday, October 01, 2008

libby's one-month check-up

We saw Dr. Z again today for Libby's one-month well-visit. Kevin had to work at the Western Hills office near our house, so we picked him up for lunch, then he went to the appointment with us. Libby is 9 pounds, 7 ounces (she's gained 7 ounces since Friday!), 22 inches long, and her head is 15 inches. She's in the 75th percentile for all three measurements. It's very encouraging to know that breastfeeding is going so well for both of us. Dr. Z said she looked perfect once again and gave her another A+. Her eyes look so much better since we've been using the ointment, and her diaper rash/yeast infection is clearing up. We really like Dr. Z. Thanks for the recommendation, Melissa!

Libby did have to get one shot today--a Hepititis B booster. I've read about people who cry when their babies get shots and thought, "I'll never do that." But when they stuck her with that needle, she let out a cry so loud that my eyes teared up from the sheer shock of it. She's such a mellow baby, so we'd never heard her scream like that, even when she was born. Clearly it hurt! Daddy held her and gave her a pacifier and she quieted down after a few minutes, and she seems to be doing fine now. It's a gloomy, chilly day, very fall-like—perfect conditions for a little mommy and baby snooze.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm so glad our little one is A-OK. I could tell she had grown just since the last time I had seen her. I know what you mean about the shot. I used to hate to go in with the boys when they had to get shots. I'm sure Libby felt safe in Daddy's arms. I thought I was ready for cooler weather, but when I walked to the bank, I realized I am not.

Candy said...

Ooh little Libby, hope you are feeling fine after your shot.

Love your "smiling" pictures too.

Amanda said...

It makes me cry every time Maddox gets his shots! I can't even look...Matt has to hold on to him. I have to sit on my hands so I won't clock the nurse for causing my baby pain - not really, of course, I know she's just doing her job...but still...