Tuesday, October 07, 2008

all clear



I had my 6-week checkup with my doctor yesterday and all is well. My incision looks great, my uterus is back to normal size, and I don't have any restrictions on activities anymore. It's weird to have this journey come to its end. I really enjoyed being pregnant and looked forward to my doctor visits. I even have some nostalgia for my hospital stay. I feel a little bit like I just broke up with someone who I still like a great deal but just don't really need to have around anymore, lol. Plus, the next time I go to the doctor, I'll have a co-pay again. When you're pregnant, you pay one co-pay at your first visit, and that covers all your subsequent visits. How great is that?

Libby is doing well, too. She's sleeping longer stretches through the night—4 or 5 hours–so I'm only having to get up once to feed her between the hours of 10 or 11 p.m. and 6 or 7 a.m. She's starting to smile at us more, and she follows us with her eyes now. We've started to read books to her in an effort to ease into a bedtime routine, and she seems to like listening to our voices. She still sleeps a lot, but we're not concerned since she's eating well and growing like a weed. We've been trying to get out of the house to do something every other day in an effort to avoid going stir-crazy but not run ourselves ragged. Yesterday, Libby stayed with Katie and Casey while I went to my doctor's appointment, got an allergy shot and went to Trader Joe's in Kenwood. Today, we're vegging at home, and tomorrow we're going to my office to see my staff and all my other co-workers who were so kind to me while I was pregnant. Let us know if you'd like to plan a date with us in the next few weeks. I don't go back to work until 11/11.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the pictures of Libby. That is so neat that she follows you with her eyes now and enjoys being read to. I would love to make a date--but suppose it is not very do-able. plnbx

Susan said...

I wish I could make a date, too! BTW, I got your message yesterday but was in the shower and then had to head out for a lunch appointment. I mailed the latest package this morning, so it should arrive by Friday. I will try to give you a call tomorrow at some point!

Kathy said...

I love Libby's 6 week picture in the chair. Wish I could hold her in my arms!!

Amanda said...

I would love to set up a play date! Maddox told me he missed Libby...well, not really, but if he could talk I bet that's what he'd say!