Sunday, March 23, 2008

it's a girl!


We had an early ultrasound Friday and found out we're having a girl! She looked perfect and was measuring exactly right. She weighs about 7 ounces. They couldn't get a good look at her heart because she was face down, so we'll have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. They aren't concerned about her heart, and they saw all 4 chambers, but they'd like to get a better view when she's a bit more developed. They also couldn't get a good profile picture, but we love the photo of her little foot. Hopefully, we'll have a better full body shot after our next ultrasound.

I also found out why I haven't felt any kicks or movement yet. My placenta is situated at the front of my uterus, rather than the back, so I may not feel anything for several more weeks. It's not a problem, though, and if it stays where it is I'll just have a little more cushioning from her big kicks later on.

We spent the weekend picking out bedding and paint colors, starting our baby registry and disassembling the guest room so it can become a nursery. Needless to say, we're very excited!

7 comments:

Candy said...

Needless to say, WE are excited
too!
There will be a definate lavender theme to her wardrobe and accessories.

I know I love her already.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two! I didn't even know you were expecting a little one until Melissa told me a few weeks ago. I'm so happy for you! I bet your little girlie will be the best of friends with Madison and Baby Sis! :)

Susan said...

Wahoooooooooo! I have a few of my favorite Katie items that I have set aside over the past 3+ years in hopes that you and Kevin would have a girl! CONGRATS! :-) Let us know as soon as your registry is posted!

Project Man said...

Look at the "Little Her" foot! How precious is that? How exciting for you to have a little girl!

Kathy said...

I love the ultrasound of her little foot!! I already have two pages done in her scrapbook!! I can hardly wait till August!!

Kathy said...

Forgot to ask, what color is the nursery going to be?

Unknown said...

Hi Guys,

I'm so excited for you two! A baby girl, what could be more exciting? You are going to have so much fun palnning for this little lady. Congrats.