Monday, February 04, 2008

Oh Baby!

Most of you know by now, but we wanted to make the announcement official: We're having a baby!

I'm due August 23rd, so I'm about 11.5 weeks along. So far we've have 2 ultrasounds, one at 7 weeks and one today (the photo is from today's ultrasound). We can't believe how much it already looks like a baby; just 5 weeks ago it was kind of a blob with a heartbeat. The baby is perfect and has a strong heartbeat (170 bpm). We'll have another ultrasound in early April, when we plan to find out whether it's a boy or a girl. We really don't have a strong preference one way or the other, but we definitely want to know.

As far as pregnancy symptoms go, I've been feeling OK. My stomach has been kinda funky, and I gag a little when I have to take pills or brush my teeth, but I'm lucky that I haven't had major nausea or vomiting. I'm also a little more tired than usual, but it's a not a very busy time of year for us, so I've been able to veg out and get lots of rest. Kevin has been great about taking care of me and cooking dinner more often. He's also been to all my doctor's appointments and ultrasounds, which means a lot to me.

We'll start keeping everyone posted here, and I'll share pictures of my belly bump when there's something more than just a bloated stomach to see, lol. When we found out we were having a baby, the whole family got really excited! Fortunately, someone was there to record the experience...
Enjoy!

Don't send a lame eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!

14 comments:

Kathy said...

Kevin & Sarah, Thanks for posting the ultrsound picture. It is neat to be able to "see" my newest grandchild. Dad & I are so happy for you.

Unknown said...

Congrats you two! So that means at our 4th of July party you'll be pretty far along! Can't wait to meet your new little one. Love the ultrasound photo!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation from Carlos and Joe here in Arizona! We are so happy for the two of you! Hope the pregnancy goes well and you don't have any morning sickness, if only that were possible!

Candy said...

As your resident family nurse/Grandma I would like to congratulate you on the terrific U/S picture, and the tech who did it too.
The Jib Jab is so cute, good idea including your pets too.
We are so excited and thrilled for all of you. Take care, looking forward to baby bump pics!

Katie said...

THAT'S MY NIECE OR NEPHEW!! Congrats! And, I started crying I was laughing so loud at Tosh and Gilly!

Susan said...

Wahoo! Thanks for sharing the pic. I am very eager to see the growing
"bump" and all the other fun developments (nursery, etc.!!!). Congrats, you guys! Much love...

Anonymous said...

so excited for you guys!! we can't wait to see if you are having a small sarah or a skippy :)

melissa & maddie

Candy said...

I can't stop thinking of this new grandchild, and imagining something lavender for sure! LOL

Do I see a "morton nose"?
Lots of hair?

Gramma is counting the days...

Kathy said...

Dad & I cracked up when we watched the JibJab. I couldn't get it on my computer at work as they have all kinds of filters and blocks. This grandma is counting the days too!!

Project Man said...

Hip-Hip-Hooray!
Let the excitement begin. Great Ultrasound picture. I have watched the Jib-Jab clip numerous times and actually sent your link to others to enjoy.

We are so excited. Take care and enjoy. Feedings, diaper changes, and sleepless nights are just around the corner.....

Stacey said...

WOW - Congratulations Sarah and Kevin. I've been waiting for this announcement for a long time! I'm so, so happy for you. You are already fantastic parents to some lucky four-legged kids, and now you're going to be a great mommy and daddy to a sweet little two-legged one. Many blessings and lots of love. Stacey

Pam said...

Great ultrasound Sarah. Isn't it great to see the little one that's inside you? Got a kick out of the Jib-Jab.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a beautiful baby. We are soooo happy about your new addition to the family and know your parents are excited too. We here in Bryan, OH are looking forward to meeting the little one. I imagine your nieces and nephew are looking forward to a new cousin too.

John and JoAnn

Kathy said...

We went out to eat last night with Uncle Gary & Aunt Lorraine. When we came home we played the JibJab for them. They really cracked up too.