Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yay Pants!

I don't need maternity clothes quite yet, but my pants are getting a little snug, so I've tried on maternity clothes at several places lately without much luck. Because the average small person is a tad bit bigger--and definitely taller--than I am, I've had particular trouble with pants. I've found some shirts that fit at Kohls (plus one that Dad and Candy bought for me), but no pants. I found a cute sundress at Motherhood Maternity, but no pants. And nothing fit at J.C. Penny. So last night, Katie and I turned to the Gap Clearance Center, an old standby of mine since high school.

Cincinnati/N. KY has the only Gap Clearance Center in the country. It differs from Gap Outlets because it carries damaged, irregular, worn-and-returned and last season/leftover merchandise for low, low prices. It's sometimes a scavenger hunt to find the right size without any damage or stains, and you can't return anything, but it's so worth it. Fortunately, they had tons of maternity clothes, and really nothing was damaged, just probably leftover from past seasons. I bought 2 pairs of jeans, 4 pairs of dress pants, 4 summer tops, a spring jacket and 2 bras for $65! The bras alone cost that originally! And all the pants actually fit because they come sized by number (rather than small, medium, large) and in different lengths (that would be ankle/short for me). They also sell Old Navy stuff there, which is about the only other brand that works for me right now.

I know I don't need all of this stuff quite yet, but I'm trying to stock up when I find deals. And I don't want to wake up one morning to find that nothing fits and have to go out and buy things at full price just to have clothes to wear to work. It's hard to resist wearing those full-panel maternity jeans, though. I've never experienced such comfort and am not sure how anyone ever goes back to wearing regular pants again!

7 comments:

Project Man said...

It will be exciting to see all of you next month. By that time you may need to be wearing those maternity pants (w/panels) for more than casual comfort!

Susan said...

I am LOLing. Some things--like your luck at the Gap Outlet--never change!

Candy said...

Did you EVER imagine in your life that you could be so excited about pants?!
I tell ya, there are days, (and nights)I wish I still had some panel pants.

Emma Clement said...

Can't believe all the bargains you got! Well done!

One piece of advice I can offer you is when you decide to shop for maternity clothes, tops which are wrap overs are a great buy as they will grow with you and are easy to adjust for fit, especially for your tiny frame!

Emma Clement, Homemummy.co.uk
www.homemummy.co.uk

Kathy said...

Wow, what a shopper you are. I'm with Candy, there are days I too wish I still had some of those panel pants!! I can't wait to see you in maternity clothes.

Katie said...

That's why old women wear jeans with elastic only...no buttons or zippers. And, it is hard to go back. I had fun shopping...a special thanks to Uncle Kevin for, one again, being the babysitter.

Stacey said...

I found great maternity clothes at Old Navy actually ... might want to check them out. I had some of the coolest pants when I was pregnant; I kind of wish I could still wear some of them.