Monday, July 09, 2007

Checkin' In

I know I haven't posted much lately. I've been busy with the usual: freelance work, work work, and all the stuff in between. I've been reading the last three Harry Potter books (4 through 6) to refresh my memory before book 7 comes out July 21st. I've already pre-ordered a copy to arrive that day. So I've been reading in all my spare time!

I don't know if I already mentioned this, but lately I've been doing a lot of freelance proofreading, which I love. It's dull, but it's second nature to me. Plus, I don't have to interview people and I can do it when it's convenient for me. I charge hourly, so it's very straightforward. Of course, I can't turn down the writing assignments if they pay well, but I find them to be a colossal pain when I'm already working full time.

We have fun festivities planned for my birthday this week. Tomorrow, Mom, Katie, Casey, Gran, Tim, Art and Pam are coming over for a cookout and cake. (Art and Pam, Matt's parents, just moved here today from Pennsylvania so they can be closer to Matt, Katie and Casey.) Then at midnight, Kevin and I are going to see the 5th Harry Potter movie (that's the first showing!). Wednesday, we both have the day off, so we're going to King's Island. We both earned free tickets when we worked at the park to help out Save the Animals Foundation last year. I keep telling people I'm having a "little kid birthday," LOL!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hope you have a GREAT birthday.

Candy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SARAH MEGAN MORTON WHITMAN!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I always loved King's Island so I can't blame you for wanting to spend your birthday there! :-) Hope you guys had good weather and a great time...