Sunday, July 15, 2007

Birthday Recap

My birthday was so much fun! I had a great little family party Tuesday night with yummy food, including homemade chocolate cake and raspberry chip frozen yogurt. And I got great gifts, including a Tommy jacket and lots of other goodies from Dad and Candy, and 3 Coach purses from Kevin and anyone who sent me money. The Coach purses were from the outlet, so I got a leather everyday bag (the Chelsea field bag in pebbled chocolate brown leather), the tan mini-signature bag (for times when I want something a bit smaller) and a matching wristlet (for times when I really want to pare down). So thanks everyone!

We arrived for the midnight showing of Harry Potter at 10, and Newport ended up selling out 14 theaters! The movie was great, but it was equally cool to see all the teenagers so geeked about Harry. Normally, something like that would be very uncool, but they were so excited, all dressed up like characters from the books and yelling back and forth.

Wednesday, we drug our tired butts to King's Island, which turned out to be perfect. There literally were no lines for anything. We were only there for 3.5 hours and managed to ride The Italian Job, The Vortex, The Beast, bumper cars, Adventure Express, Top Gun, The Backwards Racer and Son of Beast. Honestly, it's harder and harder to ride coasters and run around the park all day as we get older, so I was glad that we could squeeze so much in so quickly (this 32-year-old still had it in her to keep her hands up on The Beast, though!).

Thursday, my staff took me to Jalapenos for my birthday lunch and decorated my office.

In other news, I got a new stereo for my car that allows me to play my ipod directly through it. I can control it with the stereo and everything, which is so convenient! I'm also feeling a great sense of accomplishment after completing 3 freelance assignments this weekend--a 30-page proofreading assignment, a 40-page proofreading assignment and an article about couples sharing household chores. Now we're off to dinner at Bob Evans with Katie and Casey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you guys have been going well and are having so much fun.

Joe Wahl

Katie said...

Sorry Casey wasn't in a better mood at Bob Evans or we could have stayed longer than 30 mintues. I'm glad your birthday was memorable.