Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weekend Update

I thought I'd recap what's been going on in the world of Whitman the past few weeks.

The weekend before last, Jason and Liz came to visit, and we had a little get together at our house Saturday night with the two of them, Josh & Tyana, and Matt & Amanda. We each made our own calzone for dinner, then we played Apples to Apples and had lots of drinks. Sunday, Liz and Jason were able to hang around, so we went to First Watch for brunch and made our traditional voyage to the Gap Outlet. It was a treat to eat outside for the first time this year, and we all found some good stuff at the outlet.

Last weekend, Kevin had plans Friday night, so Katie came over and I made dinner. We ate on the deck, then sat in the living room and talked for hours. It was so nice to hang out with no agenda, which we hadn't done for a long time and probably won't be doing for quite a while again. Saturday night, Kevin and I went to dinner with Matt and Amanda at Song Long, a great Vietnemese restaurant in Roselawn. I had been there before with Megan. Everyone was a little intimidated by the menu, but after some guidance from our waitress, we all chose yummy dishes. Then we headed over to the bar I'm reviewing for Cin Weekly for a couple of hours. I'll post a link to the review when it's published. Sunday, Kevin mowed the lawn for the first time this year.

Tonight, Kevin is at an OAR concert. I'm home loving on my cats and dog and fighting a cold. Spring allergens plus this crazy weather are wreaking havoc on everyone I know. Kevin is headed up to Edgerton tomorrow through the weekend to help his parents get ready to move. I would have tagged along, but I'm busy at work right now, and I wanted to be in town in case Katie has her baby.

Speaking of which, Katie is scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, which I'm sooooo excited about. I can't believe my little sister is going to be a mom! I'll post pictures of our new little love as soon as I can next week. Susan and little Katie are coming up for a visit next week, too, so it's going to be a busy week full of rare treats!

2 comments:

Katie said...

...unless he comes sooner on his own!!!

Brian K said...

I hope everything goes wonderfully, Aunt Sarah. You'll have to let me know what the experience is like since I'll be there in a few months.

Brian
TheLifeOfDad.blogspot.com