Thursday, February 15, 2007

Chi-Town... brrrr

While Sarah was busy cooking up potato soup, I had a weekend getaway with Matt Hood to the Chicago Auto Show. You may remember hearing about our trip to Detroit last year, well we had so much fun we decided to do it again this year but opted for Chicago. We headed up last Thursday and stayed with his parents that night (they live north of Indy, near Monticello, home of Indiana Beach). Friday morning we left for Chicago and went straight to the Auto Show. I always love checking out what's new and different. Since I just bought a new car a few months ago, this was an opportunity to confirm that I made a good choice (I did). But you know I'm always looking for our next car and I found some pretty good options while I was there. Probably my favorite car at the show was the Acura RDX. This car wasn't in production last year, so it was cool to check it all out this year. I also thought the new GMC Acadia/Saturn Outlook was a pretty dynamic vehicle. But we're set for now (that's what I had to keep telling myself).
So after the auto show, we checked into our hotel (just off Michigan Ave!) and relaxed a little, went to dinner and ended up turning in pretty early ( it had been a long day and I was trying to fight off a cold.
Saturday we did some shopping, some more relaxing, and spent the evening in Old Town for dinner, drinks, and non-stop laughter at Second City Theater. If you are ever in Chicago, go to Second City! You will NOT regret it!
Overall it was a great trip. We had a nice mix of activities and relaxation, which I was in need of. It was cold there, probably never into the double digits. But I was prepared, they don't call it the Windy City for nothing!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm glad you and Matt get to go since you both enjoy it so much. I looked for you on TV on a special on the Chicago Auto Show, but didn't see you! Don't know when it was taped. See you this weekend.