Saturday, December 23, 2006

Yummy Dinner

Thursday, a magazine called "Eating Well" arrived at my house. I have no idea why I received this mag, but I suspect that it may be a Christmas present that I haven't "opened" yet. I sat down to read it and immediately started flagging lots of recipes that sounded good to me. Last night, I made two of those recipes, Creamy Mushroom and Barley Soup and Honey-Oat Quick Bread. I spent about two hours cooking, but it was so worth it. The mushroom soup was full of flavor, and the bread was sweet and hearty. I'd never made bread from scratch before, but this recipe was super easy. We'll be enjoying the leftovers for lunch today. So thanks, whoever you are, for the thoughtful gift.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What a nice idea. Wish it had been mine but I am glad you enjoyed it and the food you prepared.

Project Man said...

I am sure that you know by now that Candy was the brains behind the magazine subscription. We are glad that you are already enjoying the articles and putting some recioes to good use.

Merry Christmas to everybody!

sarah said...

Like I told Candy, I suspected it was you but didn't want to ruin the surprise. I just wanted you to know how much I like it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That magazine looks awesome!

Hope all of you had a great Christmas...