Thursday, December 14, 2006

Lucky me!

This afternoon was my annual branch manager's holiday party for my region at work. We usually do a "white elephant" gift exchange and maybe play some games. Well, it was my day!
My first stroke of good luck was being one of the last people to choose a gift. This is lucky because I can steal practically anything and there are very few people left to steal from me. So I ended up with a bottle of Johnny Walker Black whiskey. Not my favorite, but I know that Matt Hood really likes it, so I'll give it a "shot" and maybe let Matt have some too.
Next we played a "brain teaser" game where we had to figure out the name of a Christmas song based on a picture. I was the only one to guess every one correctly, so I won the pot for that ($21!).
Since I was already feeling pretty lucky, I decided to enter the Texas Hold 'Em tournament (thanks to Matt Hulme for showing me the ropes!). There were three top prizes for winners and I ended up winning third place out of about 11 players! The prize for this was a bottle for Maker's Mark... whiskey. So guess what I'm doing tonight... Just kidding! But they will both be great for all the entertaining we are doing in the next few weeks. BTW, second prize was a digital camera, so I was really hoping for that, but I think I ended up pretty good for one day's work (or play).

3 comments:

Katie said...

All the Matts' are proud of you, I'm sure!!

Project Man said...

Wow Kevin ~ what a day for you huh? Mark this date on the calendar and prepare for next year..... It appears to be your day. Congratulations!

Kathy said...

It really sounds like it was your lucky day! You must know your Christmas songs. The digital camera would have been a neat prize, but I think you did really well.