Friday, June 30, 2006

TGIF

Sorry I've been AWOL for a few weeks. I think Kevin filled you in on everything Vegas-related. For the record, the conference was a huge success and we're getting lots of kudos at the office for another job well done. Unfortunately, it's already time to start planning the next one, and we're still catching up from the week we were all out of the office for this year's.

This was a long week. I had trouble sleeping earlier in the week, which is unusual for me. I've just been draggy at both work and home. I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm taking Monday off, which will be nice. Kevin got a good vacation in Vegas, but I came back more tired than ever. So I can use four consecutive days off. Mom, Katie and I kicked off the weekend with dinner at Bravo Cucina at Union Center and saw The Devil Wears Prada. Dinner was good—not great, but good. And it was nice to see Mom. The movie was good too. Anne Hathaway was so cute and her clothes were awesome! I wish I had clothes like that, but I'm glad I don't have to wear 4-inch heels and run around New York City in them! The overarching theme of the movie was the same as the book, but a lot of details were different, and of course they had to streamline the story line. Katie and I both listened to the book on CD recently (that's my new commute fetish) and really liked it. I recommend the book or the movie.

Mackenzie got his teeth cleaned on Wednesday, which may have been part of why I slept poorly the few nights before. The catch-22 was that Kenzie needs to have healthy teeth and gums more than the average cat because he has 2 heart problems, and bacteria entering the bloodstream from his mouth could make his heart worse or even kill him. On the other hand, he's more prone to problems with the anesthesia because his heart is weak. He did great, though, and I'm glad I did it because they had to extract a tooth that was damaged and could cause a lot of pain for him. I've been anxious about it, though, and am relieved that it's over (he's sitting on my lap and making it very difficult to type right now).

We have some fun plans this weekend, so we'll fill you in soon. Happy holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Project Man said...

Sarah ~ we watched the trailer on the movie today. It looks like it would be entertaining. We are in the mountains this weekend but plan to return to Cornpone later today. Took a different route getting here this time..... took the northern route which allowed us to quickly drop down into Winslow and "Stand on the Corner". The route also allows us to enjoy the open plains of the Pained Desert and Petrified Forest...... Happy 4th of July Weekend!

Project Man said...

Hmmmmmmmm ~ that would probably be "Painted Desert" ~ not "Pained"

sarah said...

Not sure if the fires swept through there, but if they did it might be the pained desert! :-(