Saturday, June 10, 2006

Good Times


As Sarah mentioned, I had a few social events this week, which seems to be more common for me lately. Thursday I went a Red's game with the other branch managers in my region at the bank. We had a great time, I really enjoy working (and playing) with this group. We've done several things together since the beginning of the year (when my office was moved to a new region) and I've especially been having fun with three fellow managers; Gina, Erin, & CJ (see photo). A few weeks ago we went another ballpark for Erin & Gina's weekly softball league game (with their team of fellow Fifth Thirders, The Bad News Bankers). It also happened to be CJ's birthday that week, so picked up a cake from Piece of Cake Pastry (I LOVE their cakes!!!!). It's always so great to have a group of people that you work with who you can really have fun with, so I'm very happy to be working with these guys now!
Also this week, I went to a concert with one of my very best friends (who I don't get to see nearly enough) Liz Truitt. We went to see one of her very favorite bands, Nickel Creek. I've been listening to their latest album a lot lately and I really love it. This is actually the second time I've been to a Nickel Creek concert with her, but the first time I wasn't too familiar with their music. The opener on Wednesday was Ben Lee, from Sydney, Australia. I'd never heard him before, but I really liked his music. I'll have to pick up a copy of his new CD soon (or you can pick it up for me! ;-P).
So tomorrow we are leaving for Vegas!!!! I'm planning to keep you updated while we are out there. I should be able to find the time since my responsibilities will include hanging out at the pool, picking a club for the evening with Matt & Amanda, and putting money in slot machines! Sarah's responsibility list is a little longer, I think.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

GOOD LUCK in Vegas!!!!

um... yeah... said...

bring me back a souvenir - in the form of money! haha!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip, and good luck with the conference, Sarah! :-)

Katie said...

Gilmore misses you!! Mostly he misses being allowed to get on the couch. But he misses you, too!