Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a lovely weekend


Kevin and Libby did a great job of making sure I had a wonderful first Mother's Day weekend. The weather was unexpectedly beautiful on Saturday, so we went to the zoo (we bought a season pass this year). We also got take-out from two of my favorite places for dinner Saturday and Sunday night—sushi from Mt. Adams Fish House and burritos from The Comet. I even got homemade Belgian waffles on Sunday. And the three of us just spent lots of time together.

They also gave me the perfect gifties: the video Kevin posted here; a framed chocolate brown silhouette of Libby on a pink background; a new robe (you'll notice I'm always wearing one around the house in photos); and a children's book called "Someday" that's so sweet it makes me cry (even in the middle of Target, where I first read it).

Monday, Michael Seth, Katie and I took my mom to lunch. It was nice for just us "kids" to get together with her.

All in all, it was a perfect weekend. Thanks, my loves!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy First Mother's Day, Sarah...sounds like you had a well-deserved celebration!