Friday, February 20, 2009

my week with libby

Since our daycare provider (aka Katie) is currently on "maternity leave" I took vacation this week to hang out with Libby. I knew that I would probably go crazy if I had to stay in the house all week, so I planned a couple of outings for us. Monday we were home with Sarah, so that felt more like an extended weekend and Tuesday we stayed home all day and I got a good feel for Libby's "routine" which is still a pretty loose schedule.
Wednesday was a big day, we went out to lunch with some of my old friends from college, Sarah Mitchell (who's expecting a little girl in April!), Tyana Owings, and Amanda & Maddox Hood. It was really nice to all get together and I haven't seen Sarah in several years. After lunch we went over to the Carter's store and stocked up on some winter clearance for next year. Then Libby and I went to Ikea for a walk around the store. I'm pretty proud of myself for only buying a few food items and some batteries -- impulse buying is a bad habit I've been trying to break. We did learn that Ikea has a bottle warmer in their restaurant area, which was really nice as I did have to feed her while we were there. I also learned that if we miss our afternoon nap, Libby can be a little clingy in the evening, but she went right to sleep at bedtime.
Thursday we went downtown for lunch with a few of my coworkers and then we met up with Matt & Maddox Hood to go to the Cincinnati Auto Expo. This is always one of my favorite things to do and we had a great time, but I have to say it was a little underwhelming this year. I suppose with the current state of the economy and the auto industry I shouldn't have expected much. They really didn't have any concept cars on display, it was more like a huge auto dealer convention. And those dealers were hungry for sales! We got approached at nearly every car we looked at. But I had fun trying to figure out what we should get next and Libby was perfectly behaved, of course.
Today I think our busy week has caught up with her, she has been napping for about two and a half hours this morning, but I think she might be getting up soon. But I'm glad she's resting up, tonight we're planning to go over to the Hoods to hang out with even more old friends from college. And I think Libby and Maddox just can't get enough of each other!
But this week has been an adventure and I am really going to have a hard time going back to work. But Grandma Whitman is coming down to help out next week and I'm sure she is very excited -- Libby is too!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you are making the most of my mat leave!

Kathy said...

I am.

Candy said...

Gramma LOVES that purple outfit!