Monday, February 09, 2009

libby milestones and thank you


I just wanted to post a quick Libby update. She's now rolling over both ways, and she's sitting up unsupported, although she needs some padding in case she falls. She's such a strong girl! She has started noticing the pets, too. She follows them around the room with her gaze, and she tries to grab Toshie, who is more tolerant than I would have predicted. She was trying to grab Kenzie last Wednesday when we were all cuddling on the couch together. She's especially interested in Toshie's tail, which is always waving in the air.

We're also trying a new bedtime method after she spent a week sleeping with us. I know that's a bad, bad habit, but she started having mommy separation anxiety last weekend and wouldn't sleep in her crib, and we didn't have the energy or mental/emotional resolve to deal with it properly on top of everything else that was going on. We hope we're on the right track now and will (fingers crossed) have good news to post by the end of the week.

Also, thank you so much for all the kind messages about Kenzie. Thursday was a hard day, but it felt good to know we had so many wonderful people thinking of us. We're truly blessed.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Before you know it, she'll be crawling...isn't that crazy? Today I had to pull out the outlet covers and baby-proof the house!

Candy said...

Miss Libby appears to demonstrate the discomfort by rubbing the back of her head.
Sweet girl.

Kathy said...

I can hardly wait to get there. I hope she remembers me, or at least is not afraid of me. She is changing so fast.

sarah said...

I was just telling Kevin that you're going to be so shocked to see how much she's grown up since Christmas, Kathy! She's still very friendly, though; I'm sure she'll love you!

Katie said...

I love her hodge podge outfit in this picture. And the blanket behind her looks like plaid wings. She'll be a whole new baby by the time she gets back here in a few weeks.