Monday, August 20, 2007

Lucky Girl

I've been very lucky when it comes to sweepstakes and raffles in my adult life. Today I found a box in the mail full of goodies from Everyday with Rachael Ray. Turns out I won their Ultimate Movie Night Sweepstakes, which came with the movie "Elizabeth I," the first season of "Sex & the City" and lots of little goodies I can use to host a movie night with a bunch of friends. Fun!

Last month, I won one of three grand prizes at my company picnic: a very nice Nikon Coolpix digital camera. I also won the grand prize at my company party in 2005: a pair of Southwest Airlines plane tickets. And when I was planning my wedding, I won a box of goodies from a bridal magazine--all stuff that actress Leah Remini (Carrie from "King of Queens") gave to her bridesmaids at her then-recent wedding (bath products, candles and other stuff like that). I even won a very cool vase at a Macy's bridal registry event.

I guess I'm a pretty lucky girl!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

You are lucky. I have been pretty lucky too when it comes to drawings and contests. I have won a TV, VCR, snowblower, and four lawn chairs just to name the big winners. Congratulations.

Project Man said...

Can you transmit some of the "Lucky" charisma via mental telepathy? You are one lucky girl!

Candy said...

I think I need to be hanging out with Sarah & Kathy!

Actually, I am a very lucky girl too, I have Stan, and my M & M and Connor, S & K and baby Casey, Miss Molly, and I am HERE to enjoy it all!
Congrats Sarah on all the loot.

Katie said...

Are you interested in re-starting our Mega Millions pool? You can buy the tickets this time!

Brian K said...

Dude, that's so awesome. I win stuff too, but it's useless junk--like free tux rentals from a store in Dayton. Seriously, I'm the master at winning lame prizes.

Leah Ramini will always be Stacey Carosi to me. :-)

Brian
TheLifeOfDad.com

Unknown said...

I'm never that lucky. I never win anything. That sounds like a great package!

Katie said...

Like Stacey from Saved By the Bell?

sarah said...

I always remember her as Sam's friend from the old neighborhood on "Who's the Boss?" And from the Meineke commercials.